Sunday, July 3, 2011

SLC Trip - - Temple Square

We got to the hotel room on Sunday night too late to do anything. We just checked the swimming pool out and then went to sleep for the night. However, you all know how "fun" it is to sleep with kids in a hotel room. We ended up making a line of pillows between Olin and JayLee because they were on each other's side. Or someone was talking to someone. Or someone got pinched. You all know the drill. And as you can imagine Lottie wasn't cool with brother and sister not settling down so she didn't want to either. I finally got them to go to sleep by telling them that our friends down the hall had 5 kids in 1 hotel room with them and we would give their beds away if they didn't go to sleep. It worked.
Trent was in meetings all day up there so the kids and I, with a friend and her said 5 kids went to Temple Square on Monday. It was so much fun and you can bet the kids played in every water feature/fountain on the walk from out hotel room to Temple Square. We went to children's museum which was lots of fun. I almost didn't get Olin off the little truck inside there and I had to beg JayLee to take the costume off and stop dancing. We toured around temple square, played in some water at the Joseph Smith Memorial building, (yep the kids played in the fountain on the top floor), then we headed back to the hotel.
But on our way back they played in this fountain, can't remember where it was though...somewhere downtown in between temple square and the Sheridan. It was kind of funny, there was a security guard that stood and watched us the whole time. He never said anything to us so I figure it was OK that they were playing in the water.
When we got back to the hotel room we went swimming and you can bet after that long day we didn't have to fight them to go to sleep.
On Tuesday we took it easy. It was pretty interesting having Olin in a hotel room. I thought it was going to be rough because he would be bored and he doesn't really like to watch TV. He definitely surprised me though. there was an overstuffed chair with a foot rest in our room that quickly turned into his skidster. No one was allowed to sit on it because "It is my skidster" the foot rest was the forks and I had a full bag of diapers that quickly became his bale of hay that fed a lot of cows. Lottie even had to fight for her binkie because "That is the key mom" I think he is way more inventive than Jay is.
We went swimming a couple of times and then when Trent was finished with his meetings we headed to the Gateway and then rode Trax back to our hotel. Then you guessed it went swimming. That was definitely the highlight of the hotel for sure. The pool was outside so it was freezing cold but the kids would run back and forth from the hot tub to the pool.
On Wednesday Michele and Alese came up with Otto and we all went to the Living Planet Aquarium. After that Michele took JayLee and Olin with her back to Spanish Fork and was going to take them to St. George with her on Thursday night and then we were meeting them down there Friday morning. St. George was hot. 105 degrees pretty much the whole weekend but we stayed in the pool a lot. I didn't get any pictures of St. George but I'll see if I can round up some pictures from Alese.

1 comment:

The Stewarts said...

lol. i didn't take alot but i will send you what i did.