Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Denver Trip

I have just barely started blogging and I'm not even sure you can call one post starting. But I do have a blog now and we'll have to see how well I do about adding to it.

Anyway, we just got back from Denver and we all had a really good time. Trent has been planning the trip since Novemberish. I was very scared that we would freeze while we were there because Trent told us all the bulls (which is the reason Trent wanted to go) were outside. He also mentioned that they pull them in and out all day so they don't get too cold, so we were going to be checking back a lot to make sure we saw all of them. But it turned out I worried for nothing because it was around 60 degrees the whole time. It was so nice. Almost like taking a trip to St. George.

Jenna, (Trent's little sister) thankfully went with us. I am pretty sure we would have gone crazy or lost a kid without her. JayLee got to meet some rodeo queens, and even though all she talks about is barrel racing and rodeo queens she was so tired she wouldn't even talk to them. But they were good sports and gave her a crown like Miss Rodeo America's, signed her some pictures and that is all she looked at on the way home. When we tried to take her pciture with the queens this is what she did. We finally took them out of her hands when she fell asleep. She also got to see Chopper and aPaddy O'Malley baby (they are bulls and Yes Trent fills her head with them) Olin is 4 months old now and he did so well. He stayed in the stroller most of the time, but smiled at everyone who looked at him. He slept through the rodeo and I almost fell asleep during the rodeo but lucky for me they had some fireworks to keep me on my toes!

Of course it can't officially be a family trip without someone getting sick so JayLee made it official and woke up puking on Saturday morning. It definitely added some adventure to our trip but I won't go into details.




I didn't take any pictures while we were there. I'm not very good at taking pictures anymore, Trent did though so I have some pictures of some pretty nice club calf bulls and I got copies of Jenna's pictures so I turned out all right. She got some pictures of the rodeo and even some of Olin smiling when we got back. and getting a picture of Olin smiling is nearly impssible. That camera comes out and his face just goes blank.






No comments: